home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 20 / Cream of the Crop 20 (Terry Blount) (1996).iso / bbs / day910_1.zip / NEWDAY49.ZIP / WHATSNEW.490 < prev   
Text File  |  1995-03-24  |  2KB  |  28 lines

1.     Changes in version 4.9: (Mar 24, 1995)
  3.       Version 4.9 is a complete rewrite of "NewDay/PC" from the ground up,
  4.     and it's the first new version released since Hurricane Hugo destroyed
  5.     the source-code and both my homes September 21st, 1989.  It basically
  6.     should work exactly like 4.5, but the "A.S.P." author logos have been
  7.     removed and method of payment can no longer be 'plastic' - I have not
  8.     been able to justify keeping the "Merchant Account" open.  Please send
  9.     a personal check or a bank-check (or money order) written in US$ payable
  10.     on a bank in the US, or a postal money order.  A small temporary fix in
  11.     the form of "EAT-WHYS.EXE" is included to strip any "Y" type database
  12.     entries from Bruce Goldman's latest (by my records "DAY908-x.ZIP" where
  13.     'x' is '1' thru '6') version which are not properly supported by this
  14.     version, although version 5.0 will correct this problem.  Run "EAT-WHYS"
  15.     once - it will 'clean' your TODAY.xxx databases until I get a chance to
  16.     implement the changes necessary to support this new functionality.  (I
  17.     expect version 5.0 will be out mid-year, time allowing)  Note that since
  18.     NewDay/PC was originally written for usage by bulletin boards, currently
  19.     it requires an ANSI.SYS (or replacement) driver to be loaded in your
  20.     CONFIG.SYS file.  You may eliminate this necessity (although you will
  21.     also eliminate color output) by putting "NOCOLOR" on the command-line.
  22.     If you're not a documentation reader and anxious to just use the program
  23.     type "NEWDAYPC /?" for command-line options and you're off!  Remember -
  24.     if you get updated databases, and version 5 still isn't available, you
  25.     will need to run "EAT-WHYS.EXE" again (once).  It doesn't actually take
  26.     any entries out - just makes NewDay/PC ignore those it doesn't handle
  27.     properly...  (and is reversible when 5.0 comes out!)